Julie's has several volunteer opportunities for you and/or your family to participate in.
- EDUCATIONAL TUTORING: Julie's is always looking for college and professional tutors for our Adult and Children Services. We are especially in need of adult and children tutors in the subjects of English, math, science, and history.
- WORKSHOP LEADERS: This is a great opportunity for professionals who are skilled in leading workshops for Julie's staff and adult learners in specialized areas. In the past, we have had professionals lead financial management training, health and wellness classes, education workshops, computer and technology training, cooking classes, etc. There are a wide variety of possibilities, so based upon your professional skill, we would be delighted to find a way for you to use it to help our staff and families.
- LUNCH PREPARATION VOLUNTEERS: As part of our program, we provide lunch for all our adult learners between 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. We need volunteers to help make sandwiches, prepare salads, and help clean-up afterwards.
- LANDSCAPING VOLUNTEERS: Julie's currently has two areas that are in constant need of fresh landscaping. If you have a green thumb and would like to bring some brightness to our facility grounds, we would welcome any landscaping work you can give.
- ADMINISTRATIVE / RECEPTION VOLUNTEERS: Julie's has volunteer opportunities in our administrative offices throughout the year. Responsibilities would include filing, database entry, greeting and directing visitors, and putting together press kits and letters for mass mailings to our donors.
- EVENT PLANNING/STAFF: Volunteers contribute to our fundraising success by helping to plan events such as our annual "Friendraiser."