Our Historic Building
Julie's is housed in an historic building that began its life as a public health center. With funding from the George Robert White Fund, the facility was built as part of a campaign to provide the city with beautiful buildings to benefit the public. It was presented to the City of Boston on June 28th, 1927. The solarium on the rooftop floor was used for treating patients with tuberculosis.
The period from 2003 through 2005 was a very important time of expansion and transition for Julie's. It was during these years that we became a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and established our first Board of Directors. It was also when we moved into our very own building – the first time that Julie's had its own facility. After having completed a $3.7 million capital campaign, the building was renovated with the help of the architectural firm, John Catlin Associates & Architects. The architects worked closely with the staff to ensure that the design and space would best suit the needs of the women and children who would be using the building on a daily basis for years to come.
This building is owned by the George Robert White Fund, a trust managed by the City of Boston.